Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Biology

I am trying to work up the ability to shake hands with an alien without going into shock.

It is like finding an extra human inside your house, whom you have never met. Furthermore, they are wearing an alien costume. And inside that costume, they are actually an alien.

Finding a mouse inside your house: surprising. Not scary. "Oh, I didn't know there was a mouse.mousehole in the house. I've never seen one in here. I wonder how it got in." Do: nothing. Avoid mouse. Maybe get it out.

Finding a squirrel inside your house: very surprising. Not scary. "WOAH! How did that squirrel get in my House? Someone must have let it in. How can I get it out of here?" Do: try to get squirrel out of house.

Finding an extra cat in my house. This happened one evening. I was terrified. It also was unfindable afterwards. It was 3AM etc... Do: nothing. Unable to find cat. Be terrified about '3rd' cat.

Finding an extra dog in the house. Wow!! A DOG!!?? Whaaa!? ? Depending on how the dog acted, I'd probably either jump back to run away to find a weapon.

There would need to be an explanation for that one.

I would not treat seeing an alien like finding a new kind of fish in a lake, or something. It's got stigma of some kind attached to it. Let's dig that one out before the alien meeting. A new fish is like hey cool. A new alien is frightening. It's probable that it's been mindblogged in there somehow. I recall an unsolved mysteries tape of spooky aliens that always scared me. Probably a -7, -3. Both [-1].

No comments: